These Thermomix White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies make a lovely festive treat to have with an afternoon cuppa. They’re soft and buttery and guaranteed to melt in your mouth.
- 150g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 80g brown sugar
- 80g white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 75g white chocolate chips, plus a couple more for inserting into each cookie before baking
- 75g dried cranberries (craisins), plus a couple more for inserting into each cookie before baking
- Insert the Butterfly Whisk: Add the softened butter and sugars and cream for 1 min/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl and repeat this step a couple of times until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Set the Thermomix to 30 sec/speed 3 and add the egg and vanilla extract through the hole in the lid until fully combined.
- Take out the butterfly whisk and tap it gently on the insides of the TM bowl to shake off the batter.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and mix for 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and knead for 50 sec/dough setting until the mixture comes together. It will be quite sticky.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries gently by hand. We recommend chilling the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to make it easier to work with but if you’re short on time then skip this step.
- Whilst the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan forced) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Using either an ice cream scoop for large cookies or a heaped teaspoon if you’d like smaller cookies, scoop out the mixture onto the baking tray, spacing them well apart as the cookies will spread. You could also roll out balls of dough with your hands. I find that golf ball sized balls make about 12 cookies.
- Insert a couple of cranberries and white chocolate chips onto of each one and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until they are light brown around the edges and still slightly soft in the centre if you press them.
- Leave the cookies to cool for ten minutes on the tray then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight for up to a week.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Thermomix
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 17.2g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 31.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
Keywords: Thermomix White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies