These Thermomix Chocolate Chia Bliss Balls are rich and chewy and filled with so much goodness. They are perfect for a mid-afternoon snack or post-workout energy booster.
- Easy to make in the Thermomix.
- Only 6 ingredients.
- More economical than store-bought bliss balls.
- Nut free - I use sunflower seeds instead of almonds or peanuts.
Note: The full ingredients and quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Sunflower seeds - this is what I use to replace nuts.
Medjool dates - these are softer than regular pitted dates.
Chia seeds - for extra goodness.
Cocoa powder - use unsweetened cocoa powder.
Cinnamon - optional.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
Step 1. Start by grinding the sunflower seeds into flour, this only takes 7 seconds.
Step 2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix for a few seconds on speed 5.
Step 3. Take roughly a tablespoon of mixture and roll it into a ball with your hands. if the mixture is a little sticky, then place the Thermomix jug with the date mixture in it in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill so that it's easier to roll.
These bliss balls will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
You Might Also Love
- 90g sunflower seeds
- 200g pitted Medjool dates, see note 1
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds, plus extra for coating
- 1 tablespoon raw cocoa powder, plus extra for coating
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Add the sunflower seeds to the Thermomix bowl and grind 7 sec/speed 9.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 10 sec/speed 7 until the mixture sticks together. It's important not to over-mix or the dates will become too sticky to work with.
- Take roughly a tablespoon of the mixture out and roll into a walnut-size ball with your hands. Continue doing this until all the mixture is finished. If the mixture is a little sticky to roll, place the Thermomix jug in the fridge for 15 minutes to harden.
- I love rolling them in extra cocoa powder and chia seeds, but you could leave them bare.
- Keep stored in the fridge for up to a week (if they last that long!).
1. Make sure to weigh the Medjool dates AFTER they have been pitted. I generally use between 12-14 but, they vary in size and weight.
To store, keep them in the fridge for 1-2 weeks in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 555mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.