These soft and delicious Spiced Chai Protein Balls taste just like cookie dough. Made with natural plant-based ingredients, they make the perfect post-workout snack or after school treat.
Whenever I make a batch of these Spiced Chai Protein Balls they’re guaranteed to disappear within a day! They’re made from finely ground oats, almonds, Medjool dates, almond butter, coconut oil and a chai latte mix.
I bought my chai latte mix online from a speciality health food store. It’s a natural blend of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, Chinese-5-spice and organic vanilla. If you wanted to make your own, Skinnymixers has a Thermomix recipe for Vanilla Chia Powder which you can find here. Unfortunately, the ones you find at the supermarket are laden with sugar.
Protein balls are a great snack to have on hand although I find it’s hard sometimes to stop at one! They keep in the fridge for a few days so if they’re not eaten at once you can always have some on hand.
You Might Like These Other Thermomix Bliss Balls
- 80g almonds
- 80g oats
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 heaped teaspoon chai spice mix, see note 1
- Start by placing the almonds and oats into the Thermomix bowl and grind for 15 sec/speed 9 until flour forms.
- Add the dates, almond butter, coconut oil and chai spice and mix for 20 sec/speed 6. The mixture should be sticky enough to form balls, if not then add a little more coconut oil and mix again for a 1-3 secs/speed 6.
- Scoop out equal amounts of mixture with your hands and roll into walnut shape balls.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for half an hour before enjoying.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you wanted to make your own chai spice mix, Skinnymixers has a Thermomix recipe for Vanilla Chia Powder which you can find here.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.