These soft and delicious Thermomix Spiced Chai Protein Balls taste just like cookie dough. Made with nourishing ingredients, they make the perfect post-workout snack or after-school treat.
Whenever I make a batch of these protein balls, they're guaranteed to disappear within a day! They contain finely ground oats, almonds, Medjool dates, almond butter, coconut oil and chai spice powder.
Chai spice is a natural blend of ground cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg and cloves. I make my own mix, as the packets you find in the supermarket are laden with sugar. It's also convenient to have some on hand to make a chai latte.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Made of nutrient-rich whole foods.
- A convenient snack that can be stored in the fridge.
- Easy to make in the Thermomix.
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Almonds - either plain or dry roasted, or almond flour can be used.
Oats - any type of oats can be used.
Medjool dates - I find Medjool dates to be the best dates to make protein balls because they are soft.
Coconut oil - use solid coconut oil and not melted.
Almond butter - I have a recipe for almond butter on my website.
Chai spice mix - you can buy in the store, but it's just as easy to make your own.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
Step 1. Add the oats and almonds to the Thermomix bowl and grind to form flour.
Step 2. Add the remaining ingredients into the Thermomix bowl.
Step 3. Mix until the mixture comes together. Scoop a little mixture with your hands and roll into a ball, about walnut size.
Store the protein balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.
You Might Also Love
Super Seed Dark Chocolate Bark
Fruit & Nut Chocolate Bark
Thermomix Spiced Chai Protein Balls
These bite-sized protein balls taste like cookie dough. Made of nourishing ingredients, they are the perfect snack to keep in the fridge.
- 80g almonds (plain or dry roasted)
- 80g oats (any type)
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted (pitted weight 200g)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (solid not melted)
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 heaped teaspoon of chai spice mix, see note 1
- Add the dates, almond butter, coconut oil and chai spice and mix for 20 sec/speed 6. The mixture will come together.
- Scoop out equal amounts of mixture with your hands and roll into walnut sized balls.
- Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.
Start by weighing the almonds and oats in the Thermomix bowl, and grind for 10 sec/speed 9 until flour forms.
1. To make your own chai spice mix, follow my recipe here.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Comment