An energising nut free snack which is handy to keep in the fridge to keep the hunger pangs at bay.
- 75 g sunflower seeds
- 250 g pitted dates ((see Note 1))
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 heaped teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Weigh the sunflower seeds into the TM bowl and grind 10 sec/speed 9.
- Weigh the dates into the TM bowl making sure there are no stones left in them (see Note 1) and chop 30 sec/speed 7.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the cacao nibs and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
- Add cacao nibs and mix 3-5 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Shape the mixture into walnut sized balls and refrigerate for half an hour before eating.
- A lot of these types of raw recipes call for Medjool dates, which are larger and more stickier and triple the price. I find that home brand regular dates work just as well.
- If you buy pitted dates, there is a small chance a stone or two is left behind so worth double checking. This has happened to me before and I almost broke a tooth!
- Keep stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
Keywords: thermomix bliss balls