Make the perfect homemade butter effortlessly in the Thermomix with these easy steps
- 600 mls carton of full fat whipping cream
- 1500g ice cold water
- Insert the butterfly, add the cream and mix for 1-3 minutes/speed 4. The timing will vary on the freshness of the cream and how cold it is. It’s ready when the lid starts to jump around and the liquids have separated.
- Using the simmering basket, strain the buttermilk into a bowl. This can later be used for waffles, scones, pancakes etc.
- To rinse the butter, add 500g of ice cold water to the butter mixture in the TM bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 4. Strain again into a bowl but this time discard the liquid.
- Rinse it 3 times until the water runs clear
- Tip the butter into the simmering basket over a bowl and squeeze out the excess water with your hands and knead into a ball or sausage shape.
- Wrap in cling film and keep chilled in the fridge for a few days if unsalted.
- For salted butter, add half a teaspoon of salt. This will keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Butter also freezes really well.
See all the top tips in the recipe post for making the perfect butter.
- Category: Thermomix Basics
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Butter