An easy recipe for Thermomix Chocolate Cake which is quick to make and tastes amazing! Enjoy it freshly baked from the oven, or decorate it with creamy, chocolaty buttercream icing.
This is perfect if you're after a no-fuss Chocolate Cake recipe. I love how easy it is to throw everything together and mix for a couple of minutes in the bowl then it's ready for baking.
It tastes lovely with just a sprinkling of icing sugar over the top, or you could smother it with chocolate buttercream icing, whatever takes your fancy! I've included a recipe for Thermomix chocolate buttercream icing in the recipe card below.
This Thermomix Chocolate Cake is the perfect teatime treat that will please everyone.
You Might Also Like
For the sponge
- 125g unsalted butter, chilled and roughly cubed
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 75g unsalted butter, chilled and roughly cubed
- 25g cocoa powder
- 125g icing sugar
- 20g milk
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 170°C fan-forced and grease and line a round cake tin with baking/greaseproof paper. Mine measured 20cm.
- Soften the butter in the Thermomix bowl for 30 sec/speed 5 until creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and along the bottom of the mixing bowl with a spatula then mix for another 5-10 sec/speed 5 until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until firm to touch and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- Add the butter to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 sec/speed 5 until creamy.
- Insert the butterfly whisk, add the icing sugar and cocoa powder and beat for 20 sec/speed 3. Scrape down bowl.
- Add the 20g milk and beat again for 20 sec/speed 2.5. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with the spatular and repeat for 10 sec/speed 2.5 until creamy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.