A deliciously soft sponge with tender pieces of apple in each bite, this Thermomix Apple Cake captures the essence of Autumn.
I love baking with apples, especially at this time of year when the Autumn leaves start to fall. Some of my favourite apple recipes are Apple Crumble, Apple Galette and Apple Cinnamon Muffins.
Granny Smiths are ideal to bake with as their flavour is tart which complements the sweetness of baking recipes, but I often use whatever is left in the fruit bowl.
How to Make Step by Step
Peel, core and chop the apples up into 1-2cm pieces and place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice. (The lemon juice prevents the apples from turning brown).
Make the batter in the Thermomix and stir in the apples with a spatula.
Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until lovely and golden. Leave to cool slightly in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Jazz up this Thermomix Apple Cake by adding the following:
- A handful of chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle some flaked almonds on top
- Add some cinnamon or allspice
- Some chopped dates
To Make Ahead and Keep
This Apple cake tastes better fresh from the oven but will keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
You can freeze it for up to 3 months, just let it cool completely then wrap each slice with cling film or tin foil then store in an airtight container. Either thaw out in the fridge or at room temperature.
You Might Also Like
Blueberry & Almond Friands
Thermomix Chocolate Brownies
Thermomix Apple Cake
Deliciously soft sponge with tender pieces of apple in every bite, this Thermomix Apple Cake is the essence of Autumn.
- 4 apples, weighing approx 450g
- juice of 1 lemon
- 225g self raising flour
- 225g butter, unsalted
- 225g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 25g ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan forced / 180°C and line a 22cm round loose bottom cake tin with baking paper.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into 1-2cm pieces and place them in a large bowl and stir in the lemon juice.
- Weigh the flour out first either in the Thermomix or with separate scales and set aside for later.
- If the butter is chilled straight from the fridge, soften it in the Thermomix for 20 sec/speed 8.
- Insert the Butterfly whisk: Add the sugar to the butter and mix for 3-4 mins/speed 3, scraping down the bowl a couple of times in between until pale and creamy.
- Set the timer for 90 sec/speed 3. While it's running, add the eggs through the hole in the lid one at a time then add a tablespoon of flour after each egg. This helps the mixture not to split.
- Remove the Butterfly whisk and tap gently on the side of the bowl to release as much batter as possible.
- Add the remaining flour, ground almonds and baking powder to the Thermomix and mix for 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 5 sec/speed 5 until fully combined.
- Drain the Apple pieces from the lemon juice and tip them into the Thermomix bowl. Stir them with a spatular until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and smooth over with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with sugar and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes under golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for ten minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Comment