Warm and spicy Thermomix Apple Cinnamon Muffins make the perfect treat on a cool Autumn morning.
- 100 g unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 250 g plain flour
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 50 g milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (plus extra for sprinkling on top of the muffins)
- 2 red apples
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan forced) and line a 12 hole tin with muffin cases.
- Core and peel one of the apples and cut it into small cubes. Leave aside.
- Melt the butter in the TM bowl for 40 sec/50/speed 4. (Omit this step if the butter is already at room temperature).
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, bi carb, milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon to the TM bowl and mix for 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 5 sec/speed 5. Add the apple cubes and mix 10 sec/reverse/speed 5. Don’t worry if the batter is a little lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases about 2 thirds of the way up.
- Before baking, cut the remaining apple in half, core it then cut each half into thin slices and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick come out clean. Leave in the tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Eat warm straight from the oven and enjoy!
Can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Apple Cinnamon Muffins