These Thermomix Apple Cinnamon Muffins are a real treat, especially for breakfast on a cool Autumn morning. The warm spicy cinnamon pairs brilliantly with the apples and the delicious aroma of them baking is irresistible.
As with a lot of recipes, muffins are pretty quick and easy to make in the Thermomix. This is one of my favourite flavour combinations and they freeze well so if by any chance there are any left over they can be popped in the freezer for another day.
How to Make Step by Step
Start off by preparing the apples, either red or green work well.
- Peel and core one of the apples and chop it into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl. Pour over half the lemon juice (from one lemon).
- Slice the other apple into thin slices and place into a separate bowl, pour over the remaining lemon juice and toss to combine.
Now for the muffin batter – it’s pretty much a dump and mix recipe so not too tricky if you easily get distracted like me (especially homeschooling teenagers in this current staying at home time 😔).
Scoop the batter into the muffin cases – I usually do this with an ice cream scoop, we have the one with the lever making it easy to release. Then for the finishing touch – place the sliced apples onto each muffin and sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
Bake in the oven for 15-22 minutes until lovely and golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Timing will vary a lot of the oven so best to keep an eye on it.
Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. These taste delicious warm from the oven or they can be stored in an airtight container for a few days and heated up in the microwave.
You Might Also Like
- 2 medium apples, red or green
- juice of one lemon
- 100g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 250g self raising flour
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling on top of the muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan forced / 200ºC and line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Core and peel one of the apples and cut into bite sized pieces. Put aside into a bowl and pour over half of the lemon juice. Slice the other apple into thin slices (no need to peel it) then put aside into a different bowl and pour over the remaining lemon juice and toss to combine. (see photos in recipe post).
- If the butter is chilled, melt it in the Thermomix bowl for 40 sec/50°/speed 4 to soften. (Omit this step if the butter is already at room temperature). Then add the flour, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 6 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 6 sec/speed 5. Add the apple cubes and mix 15 sec/reverse/speed 2. Don't worry if the batter is a little lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases about 2 thirds of the way up. Top the muffins with the apple slices and sprinkle over the cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 15-22 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick come out clean. Leave in the tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy them whilst they're still warm from the oven.
Can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 338mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.