A really easy recipe for banana bread which takes very little time and effort to make in the Thermomix.
- 40 g butter (plus extra to grease)
- 160 g soft (light brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas (roughly mashed)
- 180 g plain flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Turn the oven on to 170 C (150 C fan forced) and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Weigh the butter into the TM bowl and melt 40 sec/50/speed 4. Scrape down the bowl.
- Crack in the eggs and brown sugar and mix for 30 sec/speed 4, scrape down the bowl and mix again for 30 sec/speed 4.
- Add the mashed bananas, plain flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and gently mix for 3 sec/speed 4. Mix the rest in with a spatula being careful not to over mix otherwise it will be dense.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for about 45 minutes – 1 hour until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out on to a rack to cool completely.
The banana bread can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: thermomix banana bread