The ultimate comfort food for a cold winter’s day, It takes very little effort to prepare and is so much healthier than store bought varieties.
- olive oil for drizzling
- 8 to 10 tomatoes, (cut in half)
- 1 red onion, peeled & quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, (skin on)
- handful of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- approximately 100-200g boiled water depending on how thick you like it
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 180C fan forced.
- Cut the tomatoes into halves and the onion into quarters and place on a baking tray along with the garlic. There’s no need peel the garlic as this can be roasted whole. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt over the top and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- Once they have finished roasting, squeeze the garlic out of it’s skin and place everything into the Thermomix bowl along with the water, paprika, and basil and blitz very slowly for 10-30 sec/speed 5, depending on how thick you like it.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and a sprinkling of Parmesan and fresh basil on top.
Allow the soup to cool completely before freezing. Ladle into a freezer proof container or bag but don’t overfill as it will expand once frozen. Consume within 3 months.
Keywords: thermomix tomato soup