An easy recipe for Thermomix Hummus that’s delicious and affordable. Can be whipped up in the Thermomix in less than 10 minutes!
- 425 g can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 10 g olive oil plus extra for drizzling on top
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 measuring cup ice cold water
- sumac or paprika to sprinkle on top
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the garlic to the TM bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the bowl, add lemon juice, tahini and water and mix 20 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 20 sec/speed 7.
- Add the chickpeas, olive oil, cumin and seasoning and mix for 60 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the bowl and repeat until the mixture resembles a smooth creamy consistency. I’ve found that it does take a few minutes and the mixture will never be completely smooth like you find in the shops.
- To serve, sprinkle some sumac, paprika on top and drizzle with olive oil.
This Hummus can be stored in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 6-8 months.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix hummus