Easily make a batch of this Thermomix Honey Soy Sauce in next to no time. It’s perfect for marinating chicken drumsticks or adding to stir fries.
This is a really quick and easy sauce to make in the Thermomix. It’s great to have on standby and you could always make double the quantity to keep in the fridge for an easy meal.
It’s nice to know what exactly is in it as well, too many store bought sauces have way too much sugar and additives.
My favourite way of using it is to marinate chicken drumsticks which I bake in the oven for 40 minutes, along with roasted sweet potatoes and steamed greens. You could also use it for stir fries or brushed on salmon steaks before grilling.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 10 g sesame oil
- 70 g tamari, or salt reduced soy sauce
- 20 g honey
- Add the garlic and ginger to the Thermomix bowl and grate for 5 sec/speed 6.
- Scrape down the bowl and add all the other ingredients and blend for 10 sec/speed 7.
- Heat for 2 mins/37/speed 3 to melt the honey.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight jar in the fridge.
To make it spicy, add some fresh red chilli or dried chilli flakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5373mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 9g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.