A simple yet mouthwatering Thermomix Beetroot and Feta Salad made with beetroot, carrots, apple, lemon juice and topped off with some peppery rocket and feta cheese. This takes no longer than 2-3 seconds to chop in the Thermomix and can be made in advance and stored in the fridge until needed.
This Thermomix Beetroot Salad is one of the recipes I love to make for a healthy lunch. It’s so deliciously simple and full of goodness and flavour and only takes a few minutes to prepare and 2-3 seconds to chop. You do have to be very careful with the timing as it can easily turn into a dip if chopped longer for 3 seconds.
It’s best served fresh but you can make it the night before and take it into work the next day, just add the lemon juice, feta and rocket until you're ready to eat it so it doesn't go too soggy. This is a fairly simple salad but you can always dress it up with some almonds and seeds for some extra crunch and nutrition.
I don’t bother peeling the beetroot, carrots or apple, it saves time and I don’t think it makes too much difference as long as they’re properly washed. The only thing you have to be careful of is not to over chop otherwise it can very quickly turn into a dip!
This is also a lovely colourful salad to take to a BBQ if you want to impress, just double the recipe. It will look like you've put in a lot of effort when really you haven't!
You Might Also Like
Thermomix Roasted Beetroot Hummus
Spiced Beetroot Latte
Beetroot, Carrot & Pear Juice
Thermomix Beetroot and Feta Salad
A nourishing beetroot salad which is quick and easy to make. Enjoy it on it's own or pair it with some grilled meat for the ulimate meal.
- 1 large beetroot
- 1 large carrot
- 1 apple, cored but not peeled
- 10 g extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice only
- handful of rocket
- feta cheese for crumbling on top
- Cut the ends off the beetroot and carrot, core the apple and roughly chop everything into quarters and place into the Thermomix bowl.
- Chop for 2 sec/speed 5. This might be enough but if not scrape down the bowl, give it a quick stir and turbo pulse a couple of times until it's thoroughly chopped but not too much as it will turn into a dip!
- Transfer to a serving dish and crumble the feta cheese on top along with the rocket. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Great recipe! I chopped for 3 secs was perfect!
Thank you! Glad you liked it.