These tasty chocolate strawberries make the perfect summer dessert or sweet afternoon treat. The melted chocolate is made with the addition of coconut yogurt which gives it a lovely rich and creamy texture.
This is a very simple dessert to make in the Thermomix and one where it looks like you’ve put a bit of effort in but really it’s a doddle to make. I’ve added some coconut yogurt which thickens the chocolate sauce and helps it go further, especially if you have an abundance of large strawberries that need to be eaten.
The dark chocolate balances out the sweetness of the strawberries but this recipes also works well with milk chocolate if you have a sweet tooth.
These can be kept in the fridge for a few days so any left over can be snacked on for another day or so.
Thermomix Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 300 g dark chocolate, at least 70%
- 75 g coconut yogurt
- 12-14 strawberries, big ones work better
- Roughly break the chocolate up into pieces, place into the Thermomix Bowl and grade 10 sec/speed 9.
- Scrape down the bowl if necessary and melt the chocolate for 3 mins/50/speed 3. Open the lid and scrape down the bowl and melt again for 1-2 mins until the mixture is runny.
- Add the coconut yogurt and mix 1 min/50/speed 3 until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a big bowl ready for dipping the strawberries into (I find this easier than using the TM Bowl)
- Dip the strawberries into the mixture one by one, place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and put in the fridge for a least half an hour to set before eating.