A completely fail proof recipe for Thermomix Mayonnaise which takes just 90 seconds to make. It’s tastier and cheaper than any store bought versions and contains no additives or preservatives.
I can’t believe it’s taken me almost 4 years to discover how to make good old fashioned mayonnaise in the Thermomix! I really wish I had tried it sooner as it’s sooo easy and would have saved a few pennies on store bought versions.
There are a few recipes going around for homemade Mayonnaise in general but I think the main thing to get right is the mustard to vinegar ratio and it’s easy to adjust the flavour if it turns out a bit bland. Some people add lemon juice and garlic but I find that this version works well as it’s not too strong.
The mayonnaise can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge until needed and it’s best to consume within a couple of weeks.
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, or you could use wholegrain or mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (this can be adjusted to taste)
- 300 g sunflower oil
- salt & pepper
- Weigh out the sunflower oil first (not in the TM bowl) and put aside in an easy pouring jug.
- Crack the egg into the Thermomix bowl and add the mustard and apple cider vinegar.
- Set the Thermomix to 90 sec/speed 4 and very slowly pour the sunflower oil through the hole in the lid.
- When done, the mixture will already resemble mayonnaise so stop the Thermomix and add seasoning and check taste. You could at this stage always add some more mustard and a tiny amount of vinegar or a little lemon juice depending on your taste.
Store the Thermomix Mayonnaise in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks.