A delicious muffin base with a crunchy Nutella swirled topping.
- 100 g unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 250 g plain flour
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 1 and a half teaspoons baking powder
- half a teaspoon bicarb soda
- 50 g milk
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1-2 heaped tablespoons Nutella mixed with hot water
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan forced and line a 12 hole tin with muffin cases.
- Melt the butter in the TM bowl for 40 sec/50/speed 4. (Omit this step if the butter is already at room temperature).
- Add all the other ingredients to the TM bowl and mix for 5 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the bowl and gently mix the rest with a spatula until fully combined. (try not to over mix otherwise the muffins will become dense). It doesn’t matter if the mixture is lumpy.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases until 2 thirds of the way up.
- Blob some Nutella mixture on top of each muffin and gently swirl around with a toothpick.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size) until lightly golden.
- Eat warm straight from the oven and enjoy!
The muffins taste best fresh from the oven but they can be stored in an airtight container for a few days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: thermomix nutella muffins