Bring on the warm weather with this classic Thermomix Lime Margarita. One sip and you'll be transported to a beach bar on a sun-drenched island.
Nothing says summer like a Margarita. Get that holiday feeling at home with this simple recipe made of tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice and sugar syrup. If you love lime cocktails, pop over to my Mojito recipe, which I made last week.
Why You'll Love It
- Only 4 ingredients.
- Instant summer vibes.
- Easy to make with the Thermomix.
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Tequila - the star ingredient! Choose silver or blanco tequila.
Cointreau - an orange liqueur which can be replaced with Grand Marnier or Triple Sec.
Lime juice - freshly squeezed lime juice is a must.
Sugar syrup - optional. Sugar syrup is equal parts of boiling water and sugar stirred together until the sugar dissolves. I have a Thermomix recipe here. Agave syrup can replace sugar syrup.
Step by Step Instructions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
Salting the Rim
For an authentic Margarita, salting the rim is a must. To do this, prepare a dish with generous amounts of salt. Take a wedge of lime and cut an incision in the flesh then run it around the rim of the glass. Tip the glass upside down and twist it in the salt, until the rim is covered. Add a couple of ice cubes to each glass.
Step 1. Add the lime juice, tequila, Cointreau and sugar syrup (if using) to the Thermomix bowl. Add a handful of ice cubes and mix for 10 seconds on reverse speed 4.
Step 2. Insert the simmering basket into the Thermomix bowl and strain the Margarita into the prepared glasses. Stir gently and enjoy 😊
- Salt and lime wedge for the rim (optional)
- 100g tequila, silver or blanco
- 50g Cointreau, note 1
- 100g fresh lime juice (4-5 limes)
- 50g sugar syrup or agave syrup to taste, note 2
- 75g ice + extra ice cubes for the glasses
- Prepare the glasses: To salt the rim of each glass, prepare a dish with generous amounts of salt. Take a wedge of lime and cut an incision in the flesh, then run it around the rim of the glass. Tip the glass upside down and twist it in the salt, until the rim is covered. Place 2-3 ice cubes in each glass.
- Add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, sugar syrup (if using) and approximately 75g of ice to the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 10 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Insert the simmering basket into the Thermomix bowl and strain the Margarita equally between the glasses.
Note 1. Grand Marnier or Triple Sec can be used instead of Cointreau.
Note 2. Sweetening the Margarita is optional. Sugar syrup is equal parts of boiling water and sugar stirred together dissolved. You could also use Agave syrup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 0g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.