Get ready for summer with this deliciously refreshing Thermomix Mojito. The combination of sweetness, paired with citrus and mint, makes this the perfect warm weather cocktail.
What is a Mojito?
A Mojito is a Cuban cocktail made from white rum, fresh lime juice, sugar syrup, mint leaves and a splash of soda water.
Why You'll Love It
- Tangy and refreshing.
- Perfect for summer.
- Easy to make with 5 ingredients (+ ice).
Note: The full ingredients and quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Fresh mint leaves - requires gentle muddling to release the aromatic oils. See notes below on how to muddle mint.
White Rum - such as Bacardi or Havana Club.
Lime juice - I like to use fresh lime juice instead of muddling lime wedges.
Sugar syrup - I like to use sugar syrup for a smooth and even texture. Some recipes call for brown or white sugar granules, which you could also use.
Soda water - just a splash depending on how much space is in the glass. Make sure the soda water is not infused with artificial flavours.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
Muddling the Mint
Divide the mint leaves into two tall glasses and gently press them down with a muddler. A muddler is a bartender's tool that looks like a baseball bat.
If you don't have a muddler, which I assume most people don't, the end of a wooden spoon will do the trick, as in the photo below.
It is important not to press down too hard, otherwise the leaves become bitter and could break up and get stuck in the straw. Once you've muddled the mint, add ice to the glasses.
Step 2. Add the lime juice, sugar syrup and white rum to the Thermomix bowl. Add the ice and mix for 10 seconds on reverse speed 4.
Step 3. Insert the simmering basket into the Thermomix bowl and strain the mix equally into the glasses. Top with soda water, garnish each glass with a sprig of mint and enjoy.
To make a Virgin Mojito, proceed with the recipe, but skip the rum. There is no need to replace the rum with anything else.
- 8 fresh mint leaves, plus 2 mint sprigs for garnish
- 60g fresh lime juice, (approximately 2-3 limes)
- 60g sugar syrup, note 1
- 120g white rum, such as Barcardi or Havana Club
- 75g ice + extra for the glasses
- Soda water, for topping. Quantity depends on personal taste and room in glass.
- Muddle the mint: Divide the mint leaves into two tall glasses and gently press them down with a muddler. A muddler is a bartender's tool that looks like a baseball bat. If you don't have a muddler, the end of a wooden spoon will do the trick. It is important not to press down too hard, otherwise the leaves become bitter and could break up and get stuck in the straw.
- Add the lime juice, sugar syrup, white rum and approximately 75g of ice to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Add a couple of ice cubes to the glasses. Insert the simmering basket into the Thermomix bowl and strain the mix equally into the glasses. Top with soda water, garnish each glass with a sprig of mint and enjoy.
Note 1. Sugar syrup is equal parts of sugar and boiling water stirred together until the sugar dissolves. See my Thermomix recipe for sugar syrup. Make sure the syrup has cooled completely before adding to the cocktail.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.