Cooking poached eggs in the Thermomix is simple with this easy method.
Cooking poached eggs in the Thermomix is simple to do but it does take a bit longer than the stove top method. This recipe is for the TM6 as the mixing bowl is larger than the TM31.
I followed the recipe in the basic cookbook and adjusted the time slightly and added less vinegar to the water. Vinegar is optional and helps keep the eggs whites together. I used white wine vinegar but plain white vinegar will also do the trick.
Poached eggs go really well with Hollondaise sauce (eggs benedict) and will save you a whopping $20 at a cafe. I've not made it recently in the Thermomix as no one else in my family like it. I followed the Everyday cookbook recipe but it didn't turn out too well so need to experiment more.
You Might Also Like
- 1600g water
- Good glug of vinegar/white wine vinegar (optional)
- Oil for brushing
- 2 eggs
- Add the water and vinegar to the mixing bowl. Brush the bottom of the simmering basket with oil and insert into the mixing bow and heat for 14 mins/100°C/speed 1. The water should now be boiling.
- Crack the eggs into a separate mixing bowl and carefully place into the simmering basket.
- Poach for 3 mins/100°C/speed 3.
- When ready, carefully lift out the simmering basket to drain the eggs then with a spoon, carefully lift eggs onto toast or muffins etc.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 372mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 13g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.