Quickly whip up this popular creamy Dalgona Coffee drink in the Thermomix in a couple of minutes.
Dalgona Coffee is the most popular drink trend on social media right now. My TikTok-loving teens put me on to it, so I was intrigued to see what all the fuss was about.
If you love drinks that have coffee in them, be sure to check out my recipe for Thermomix Espresso Martini, which is the perfect pick-me-up!
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee is made by whisking equal parts of instant coffee, sugar and boiling water together until light and fluffy. The fluffy foam is then topped over ice-cold or hot milk. You can use regular or decaf coffee granules, but they have to be instant and not ground.
The trend started earlier this year when a South Korean actor called Jung Il-woo made it on TV and said it reminded him of a honeycomb toffee confection called Dalgona. Since then, it has gained millions of views of people making it on TikTok and Instagram.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
1. Place the instant coffee, sugar and boiling water into the mixing bowl and insert the butterfly whisk.
2. Whip for 1 minute/speed 3.5, taking off the measuring cup halfway through to let some air in.
3. After the minute, scrape down the sides of the bowl and along the bottom with a spatula. Mix again for 1 minute/3.5 until light and fluffy (with the MC off).
4. Spoon over your favourite milk and enjoy! As with all coffees, you can choose any milk you like and enjoy it hot or cold.
The recipe below is enough for one or two glasses and can easily double to make more.
If you make this, I would love to know what you think in the comments below!
You Might Also Like
Thermomix Dalgona Coffee
Easily whip up this viral trendy drink in the Thermomix.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee, note 1
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- milk of choice
- Insert the Butterfly whisk: Place the coffee granules, sugar and hot water into the mixing bowl and whip for 1 min/speed 3.5. Take the measuring cap off halfway through to let some air in.
- Scrape down the bowl, especially along the bottom, with a spatula (see note 2) and whip again for 1 min/speed 3.5 (with MC off) until light and foamy.
- Spoon over either iced or hot milk, and enjoy!
- Use only instant coffee, as ground coffee won't work. It can be caffeinated or decaf.
- The undissolved granules tend to stick to the bottom of the mixing bowl at first. Halfway through whipping, give the bottom of the bowl and good scrape with a sturdy spatula to help dissolve them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Comment