This warm and spicy Thermomix Turmeric Latte is a soothing blend of turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and a hint of black pepper. A perfect substitute for a morning coffee which only takes a few moments to whip up in the Thermomix.
Turmeric Latte also goes by the name of Golden Milk. It’s become one of those trendy health drinks sweeping the coffee scene along with the Matcha Latte and not so popular Mushroom Latte and Blue Algae Latte (which I’ve yet to try).
Turmeric is well known for it’s anti-inflammatory benefits and has been used medicinally for over 4000 years. It’s said to be excellent for arthritis, skin health, digestion and the immune system.
I can’t live without my caffeine hit in the morning so love to drink this in the afternoon to tide me over until dinner time. It’s also a lovely soothing drink to have in the evening to warm up or satisfy a sweet tooth. The turmeric is not overpowering with the addition of cinnamon and ginger, and black pepper helps the body absorb turmeric.
Making warm drinks in the Thermomix is really easy and it’s good not having to stand over a saucepan worrying that the milk is going to boil over!
Thermomix Turmeric Latte
Yield 1 cup
- 250g almond milk (or any other milk)
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- quarter of a teaspoon of ground ginger
- quarter of a teaspoon of black pepper
- Place all the ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 5.
- Heat for 4-5 mins/80/speed 4.
- Mix for 10 sec/speed 9 until nice and frothy.
- Drink and enjoy!