Perfect white and fluffy Thermomix Meringues that will melt in your mouth and make a delicious dessert served with berries and cream.
- 4 large egg whites at room temperature (mine weighed 110g)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 200g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 120°C fan forced (140°C) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Ensure the TM bowl and Butterfly attachment are spotlessly clean and dry. I like to rub a lemon wedge around the bowl first to get rid of any grease, then wipe it off with a kitchen towel.
- Add the egg whites and cream of tartar to the TM bowl and insert the butterfly attachment. Whisk for 3 mins/37°/speed 3.5 with the MC off until stiff peaks form. (if you turn the bowl upside down the mixture won’t come out!!)
- Set the Thermomix to 4 min/37°/speed 3 and slowly add the caster sugar 1 tablespoon at a time through the mixing bowl lid until stiff and glossy. (this will take less than 4 minutes but keep the TM running for the full time).
- Place individual dessert spoons of the mixture onto the baking tray and swirl the mixture around with the back of a spoon, making a pretty pattern.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until firm and crisp. Turn the oven off and leave to cool in the oven for another hour.
See tips in the recipe post above for perfect meringues.
Once cooled, can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix meringues