Crunchy and delicious home baked Thermomix Granola Bars made with oats, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, desiccated coconut, honey and cinnamon. Once you make these there’s no going back to supermarket ones again!
These nourishing granola bars are super easy to make in the Thermomix and are perfect for lunchboxes, after school snacks or anytime you feel like a sweet treat.
I’ve never been one to buy granola bars from the supermarket – they are so overpriced and full of refined sugar. It always baffles me as to why they display them in the health food aisle as clearly they are not health food worthy.
This recipe is refined sugar free but contains a lot of honey to bind all the ingredients together. Honey does have some health benefits but is still a type of sugar. If you’re after a lower fructose alternative then this recipe also works with rice malt syrup.
How to Make Step by Step
Making these granola bars could not be easier, just weigh all the ingredients into the Thermomix bowl then mix a couple of times for 30 seconds and it’s ready to be baked.
How to Bake
- Pour the mixture into a tin lined with grease proof paper.
- Press down firmly with the back of a spoon until the surface is flat (it doesn’t matter if it’s a little bit wonky)
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it turns a lovely golden brown colour.
Once baked and out of the oven, it’s important to leave in the tin to cool off as it will still be soft. You can cut into bars whilst it’s still a little bit warm or leave to cool completely. For this recipe, I use a 20cm x 20cm tin which produced eight good sized bars but they could be cut into smaller portions if you want.
These are great for big batch cooking at the weekend and they also freeze well so you’ll always have some on hand.
You Might Like
- 200g rolled oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional - leave out if you really don't like it!)
- 2 heaped tablespoons coconut oil
- 100g honey
- chocolate chips!
- Preheat the oven to 150° fan forced / 170°C and line a brownie tin with baking paper. The one I use measures 20cm x 20cm.
- Add all the ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 sec/reverse/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 30 sec/reverse/speed 3 until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon until it reaches the corners and is smooth. (see step by step photos in recipe post for tips).
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until lightly golden and starting to harden around the edges.
- Leave to cool down in the tin for half an hour before turning out and cutting into squares / rectangles. The granola bars will be soft when first out of the oven but will harden when cooled.
Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to a week.
To freeze, wrap individual bars with clingfilm (glad wrap) so you can take them out when needed then pop them into a resealable container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.