Crunchy and delicious home-baked Thermomix Granola Bars made with oats, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, desiccated coconut, honey and cinnamon. Once you've tasted these, there's no going back to supermarket ones again!
These nutritional granola bars are super easy to make in the Thermomix. They are perfect for lunchboxes, after school snacks or anytime you feel like a sweet treat. I've never been one to buy granola bars from the supermarket - they are so overpriced and full of refined sugar.
I've made this recipe using honey to bind all the ingredients together, but you could also use rice malt syrup. I don't recommend using Maple syrup as it doesn't have the same consistency, and the granola bars would fall apart.
How to Make Step by Step
Making these granola bars could not be easier, weigh all the ingredients into the Thermomix bowl then mix a couple of times for 30 seconds and it's ready to be baked.
How to Bake
- Pour the mixture into a tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Press down firmly with the back of a spoon until the surface is flat (it doesn't matter if it's a little bit wonky)
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it turns a lovely golden brown colour.
Once baked and out of the oven, it's important to leave in the tin to cool off as it will still be soft. You can cut into bars whilst it's still a little bit warm or leave to cool completely. For this recipe, I use a 20cm x 20cm baking tin that produced eight good-sized bars but could be cut into smaller portions.
These are great for big batch cooking at the weekend and, they also freeze well so you'll always have some on hand.
You Might Like
- 200g rolled oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional - leave out if you really don't like it!)
- 2 heaped tablespoons coconut oil
- 100g honey / rice malt syrup
- chocolate chips!
- Preheat the oven to 150° fan forced / 170°C and line a brownie tin with baking paper. The one I use measures 20cm x 20cm.
- Add all the ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 sec/reverse/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 30 sec/reverse/speed 3 until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon until it reaches the corners and is smooth. (see step by step photos in recipe post for tips).
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until lightly golden and starting to harden around the edges.
- Leave to cool down in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out and cutting into squares/rectangles. The granola bars will be soft when first out of the oven but will harden when cooled.
Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to a week.
To freeze, wrap individual bars with cling film (glad wrap), so you can take them out when needed then pop them into a resealable container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.