Once you make these you’ll never buy the over priced sugar laden ones from the supermarket again!
- 200 g rolled oats
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 heaped tablespoons coconut oil (soft or melted)
- 100 g rice malt syrup
- cacao nibs
- Pre heat the oven to 160°C and line a brownie tin with baking paper (I used a 20cm x 20cm one)
- Add everything to the TM bowl and mix for 30 sec/reverse/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 30 sec/reverse/speed 3.
- Scoop the mixture into the tin and press down firmly until it reaches the corners and is even.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool completely before turning out and cutting into squares / rectangles. It will be soft when taken out of the oven but will harden when cooled.
Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to a week.
To freeze, wrap individual bars with clingfilm (glad wrap) so you can take them out when needed then pop them into a resealable container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Keywords: thermomix granola bars