These Thermomix Spinach, Feta and Sundried Tomato Scrolls are easy and straightforward to make. They’re the perfect lunch box filler or after school snack for hungry teens.
There’s no need to spend $3.50 per scroll at Bakers Delight or Brumbies Bakery when you can make these for a fraction of the cost. I came about this recipe as I needed to use up some spinach and feta cheese which was lying around in the back of the fridge. We love Cheese & Vegemite Scrolls in our household, but sometimes it’s nice to have something different now and then.
Tips on How to Make
Start by making the dough in the Thermomix then leave it to rise for about an hour until double the size. Timing will vary depending on the climate so always check the dough and not the clock!
Once the dough has risen, knock it back to release the air then roll out with a rolling pin into a large rectangle of approximately 5mm thick. Scatter over the spinach, feta and sundried tomatoes then starting at the long end, gently roll up into a sausage shape. Cut a little bit off each end where the filling hasn’t reached then cut into 8 scrolls – I find it easier to cut when the knife is dipped in flour.
If the scrolls have become a little squashed, reshape them into rounds with your hands. They take about 20-25 minutes to bake and will be ready when lightly golden on top.
To Make Ahead and Freeze
The dough can be made the day before and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before cooking. The scrolls can be frozen in an airtight container and reheated from frozen.
You Might Also Like
- 300g lukewarm water
- 500g bakers flour
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 40 g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g feta cheese, finely chopped
- 50g sundried Tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- Start by pouring the lukewarm water into the Thermomix bowl then add the yeast, flour, olive oil and salt.
- Mix for 6 seconds/speed 6, then knead for 2 minutes on the interval knead setting.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead into a ball. Place into a large greased bowl and cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for approximately 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced / 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Once the dough has risen, knock the dough back and roll out into a rectangle shape of approximately 5mm thick.
- Sprinkle over the spinach, feta and sundried tomatoes. Starting at the long end, roll up into a sausage shape.
- Cut into 8 equal portions and place cut side up onto the baking tray leaving a small gap between each one. Brush with olive oil then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until nice and golden - to check if they're cooked properly, they will sound hollow when tapped.
- Let them cool on a wire rack before enjoying.
Storage: Let them cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of days or in the freezer for 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 15g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.