Warming turmeric, cinnamon and ginger spices blended with coconut milk in the Thermomix then added to a shot of espresso.
If you love a Turmeric Latte but miss having a caffeine fix then this then this is the drink for you! It's not overly spicy and makes a lovely change from the usual cafe latte every morning. The weather here in Melbourne has been pretty chilly in the mornings lately and we've been enjoying this drink to warm up.
It tastes lovely with coconut milk but you could use any milk. Feel free to add a little more spice if you like it spicier. If I make this drink in the afternoon, I use decaf coffee so I'm not too wired before bedtime.
You Might Also Like
- 200g coconut milk from a carton (not can) I use an unsweetened one
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 shot of expresso coffee
- Add all the ingredients except for the coffee to the mixing bowl and heat for 4 mins/100°/speed 2.
- Froth for 30 sec/speed 9.
- Pour over the espresso coffee, sprinkle with cinnamon & enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 38gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.