This plant-based Vegetarian Chilli with mixed beans is so easy to prepare and takes just twenty minutes to cook in the Thermomix. You can have it on its own with lots of toppings or over a big bowl of brown rice for a healthy and nutritious dinner.
I’ve been making a lot of desserts lately so thought it’s about time I make some savoury food for the blog. This wholesome and hearty Vegetarian Chilli is bursting with flavour and is the perfect winter comfort food.
I’ve used Woolworths canned four bean mix which consists of chickpeas, red kidney beans, green baby lima beans and borlotti beans but you could use any beans you like. It’s a wonderful alternative to Chilli Con Carne to have on Meatless Monday and is budget friendly as well.
This Vegetarian Chilli tastes even better the next day if you wanted to make it ahead. I love it served with sliced avocado, a spoonful of coconut yogurt, some fresh sliced chilli peppers and some fresh coriander. It also tastes great over a jacket potato, cauliflower rice, brown rice, quinoa or with some tortilla chips.
- 20g olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 x 420g cans four bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon paprika (not sweet)
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, add more if you like hot
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced avocado
- coconut yogurt
- sprinkling of chilli flakes
- squeeze of lime
- Place the garlic into the TM Bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
- Add the celery and olive oil and saute 3 min/100/speed 1.
- Add all the other ingredients and cook for 15 min/90/reverse/soft speed with the MC on. Give it a good stir halfway through.
- Check the seasoning and add more cayenne pepper if desired.
- Serve with rice, jacket potatoes, crusty sough dough or just on it's own!
This vegetarian chilli keeps really well and tastes even better the next day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 623mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 18gSugar: 16gProtein: 29g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.