A nourishing and vibrant Thermomix Roasted Red Pepper (capsicum) and Sweet Potato Soup that will warm the soul.
This is a lovely simple soup to make if you’re feeling run down or have a cold. Red peppers (capsicums) and sweet potatoes each contain high levels of vitamin C and boast many more nutritional benefits. It’s also freezer friendly so great to have as a standby meal.
In Australia red peppers are called capsicums, in America, they are called bell peppers and in England, they are called just peppers but not to be confused with chilli peppers.
For this recipe, I’ve roasted all the veggies in the oven instead of cooking them in the Thermomix as it brings out the sweetness in them. I mostly use vegetable stock cubes for all my soups as I love the flavour and they’re inexpensive and easy to store in the cupboard.
- Lining the baking tray with baking paper helps prevent the veggies from sticking to it which saves on washing up.
- Cut the sweet potatoes evenly into smallish 3-4cm cubes so they cook the same time as the onion, garlic and red peppers.
- It’s always best to add a little less liquid stock at first as it’s hard to save runny soup that’s been drowned in stock.
This soup tastes divine with a sprinkling of chilli flakes, some fresh parsley and some grated Parmesan on top and my amazing Thermomix Soft Bread Rolls.
Let the soup cool then store in an airtight container or zip lock bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You Might Also Like
- 2 red peppers (capsicums), de-seeded and cut into quarters
- 500g sweet potatoes, (roughly 1-2 medium ones), peeled and cut into 3-4 cm cubes.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- sea salt for sprinkling over the veggies
- olive oil for drizzling over the veggies
- 500mls vegetable stock, add a little more if the soup is too thick, see note 1
- seasoning to taste
- chilli flakes
- grated parmasan
- fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced / 200°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the red peppers, sweet potatoes, onion and garlic onto the baking tray. Sprinkle over the paprika and sea salt and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 30 mins until soft.
- Whilst the vegetables are roasting, make up the vegetable stock. I use 2 Massel stock cubes dissolved in 500mls of hot water.
- Once the veggies are cooked, carefully transfer them to the Thermomix bowl, add the vegetable stock and blend for 1 min/speed 8.
- If the soup is too thick, add a little more stock or water then blend again until desired consistency.
- Season black pepper and top with your favourite garnishes and enjoy!
- I love using Massel Vegetable Stock Cubes in all my soup recipes as I love the flavour but feel free to use the Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate. 1 tablespoon of concentrate equates to one vegetable stock cube. If the stock is cold, heat the soup in the Thermomix for a few minutes after after it's been blended.
- To Freeze: Allow to cool completely then store in an airtight container or zip lock bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.